11.17.2010

Chicken MMMMmmm Burgers

Can you say DELISH? I had heard about these things, but had never eaten or made one. Well, I decided it was time. I found Martha's recipe and Rachael's and mixed the two. So, it's a crazy mish mash, but it worked! You can really add/subtract anything you'd like. These suckers would be good with a lot thrown into them! OK, let's begin... :)

Olive Oil 
(they always say 2 tbsp., but let's face it, do we really only use that much?) 
Just have your oil read for whenever you feel like you need it.
1 small onion, finely chopped 
1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped 
1 celery stalk, finely chopped 
Coarse salt and ground pepper 
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
2 cloves garlic, finely grated
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 pound ground chicken breast
4 wheat hamburger buns

Here are your ingredients! You can add on tomatoes, lettuce...etc. after it's all done.

Start off by chopping your onion, pepper, celery and grate up or finely chop your garlic cloves.
Then, add a little oil and throw them all in your pan to cook them up.
***NOTE: Martha says to saute, Rachael doesn't. You can do whatever you'd like. 
I wanted to soften them up so I didn't get huge crunches when I bit down on the burger. 
Personal preference here.

Here are the cooked veggies. I let them cook for about 5-8 minutes. 
They'll also cook a bit when you cook the patties.

In a large bowl, combine your ground chicken breast, veggies (cooked or not), red pepper flakes, salt/pepper, Worcestershire sauce and allspice. 
*******Take your rings off. *******
Ground chicken breast is NOTHING like ground beef or even turkey. 
They shouldn't even call it ground. 
They should call it mush. Ick. But, it's worth it. 
Dig your hands in and mix it together. 
If you're super grossed out by it, you could probably mix it with a big spoon, 
just might take longer.


Tip from Rachael : When you're done mixing, bring it all to the center of the bowl. 
With the sides of your hand, or the spoon, score the mix (make lines on it). 
Basically, you're measuring out the meat so you have the same amount for each patty. 
If you don't do this, you could end up with 3 big patties and tiny one. 
I wish I would have taken a picture of this, but I didn't. 
Do you get what I'm saying here??

Moving on ... form your patties and place in your pan with oil. 
You'll probably need to form these even after you put them in the pan. 
They're very sticky, so it's hard to make a great patty in your hands. 
It'll all come together though!

Finished! MMMMMMM! Don't those look delicious?

I just had to make beans with it! I LOVE BAKED BEANS. 
You can top your burger with whatever you'd like!

Let me know if you make these and if you added anything to them to make them taste fabulous!
ENJOY!
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Yuummy! I didn't even know they made ground chicken...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm STARVING in class. This didn't help. Won't lie, though, the ground chicken kinda made me wanna yack, even though I know how tasty it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delish!!!! Can we please eat these again on my birthday with sweet potato fries?? MMMMMMMM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete