12.30.2010

Verse of the Week 2011 Stuff

________________________________________

I thought I would write a little more today about the new verse of the week for 2011. The way I plan on approaching this is through art. Every week, I want to make a piece of art that allows me to really take some time and think through, read about, study up on the verse I'm trying to be creative with. This could be anything from sketching the verse with a pencil, cutting words out of magazines, designing the verse on the computer...etc. The possibilities are endless. If you decide to go that route, all you do then is post your artwork and then link up to  my blog so everyone can see your take on it. 
All that being said, think of the verses I'm posting as a starting point. If you think another verse suits you better that week, do that. If you think of a verse that's similar to the one for that week, go that route. If you want to challenge yourself to look at some new verses or ones you would never have chosen on your own, then stick with the verses for the week. No matter which way you go, each week should challenge you to read more about a certain verse that you normally would have. It's a challenge to spend time meditating on that verse while being creative or even just writing a post about what the verse means to you. You can still link up even if there's not a picture/artwork associated with it. 
I hope this all makes sense and sounds like something you'd like to participate in. I think there is so much we can learn from each other. We all have such different perspectives and to read about and see everyone's will be really neat. 
I also think this would be a great way to get your kids involved with verses. Maybe it's the kids who do the art! Any way they'd like. Talk about getting a new perspective! 
The sky is the limit. 
I'll have this verse up on Sunday.

If you want to join in, please take the button at the top and blog about it. The more people we have participate, the more perspectives we'll get and the more we'll learn. Woohoo!

{Week 1} Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
 
Please let me know if you have any questions/comments/suggestions!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment