1.13.2011

Banana Bread

I guess I do have a recipe to share! At first, I didn't like this because it's nothing really like my moms. Hers is light and fluffy. This is dense. After I ate a second bite, I realized it was good :)  This recipe is from Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious cookbook. This recipe hides cauliflower.

nonstick cooking spray
3/4 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c all purpouse flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c canola oil
1 1/2 c banana puree or mashed well
1/2 c cauliflower puree
1 tsp vanilla extract 

• Steam cauliflower and puree 1/2 c, set aside.
• Preheat oven to 350.
• Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray.
• In a ziplock or bowl, mix flours with baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
• In large bowl, mix the sugar and oil with a wooden spoon til well combined.
• Mix in egg whites, banana, cauliflower puree, and vanilla. 
• Add flour mixture and mix until combined.
• Pour batter into pan, bake til a toothpick comes out clean...55-60 minutes.
• Let cool on a rack for 5 minutes then turn out onto rack to cool before serving.


Oil and brown sugar

Mashing my bananas. 
Depending on how soft they are, you can just mash well or puree. 
Whichever you prefer.

Add egg whites, vanilla and purees to the sugar/oil mixture.

After mixing up your flour mixture...

Add it to the liquid mixture then pour into your greased loaf pan.

I spread butter on my slices and heat them up. MmmmmMMMmmGood!
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Yummy. I am definately going to have to try this. My son loves banana bread and to hide the cauliflower too.. Double Score! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I like all the pictures in this one too! Nicely composed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That sounds so good. We love banana bread!

    ReplyDelete