2.03.2011

2011 Verse of the Week :: RECAP

Check out these amazing ladies...

 
Such a great verse. God has a plan for OUR lives. We are NOT accidents, nor do we exist by chance. Before we take our first breath, God knows how long we'll live....Long before we are born, He knows our names! (Life Principles Bible)


  
What a great verse, and a reminder that none of us is here by accident. We were all created with a purpose and the things that we go through in this life are all part of God's plan for us. I truly believe that I was not made Shaun's mother by accident. Events in my life, though small, helped to shape me and prepare me for this life of being a mother to a special needs child. And I have no doubts that God has great plans for Shaun and will use him to touch people's lives, as he has already touched mine. 


The girls and I talked about how God put us together.  Then, we put together our verse that I had cut apart, word by word.  I numbered the words on the back, and the girls had a lot of fun putting the words in order.  
(Bonus!  We were working on our math skills, as well!)  
What a great thought...that God KNEW ME before I was even formed!  
I feel like this was a great project with the kids because as they had to think and plan to put their verses together, it was a great reminder of the thought and care that God took as He created us.  

This week's bible verse just happened to be one that is very dear to my heart.  It is so meaningful and powerful. 
(Check out her post for a beautifully written back-story.)


 

Great verse. AMAZING verse.
This one is more powerful now that I've actually experienced motherhood. Carrying our baby for all of those months and all of the emotion wrapped up into that. Overwhelming. Incredible. And then to think, God created her way before she was even conceived. She is just a one little piece of His grand plan.
And even bigger than that, to think of my life story. How I was abandoned at birth but adopted by a wonderful Christ-centered family who would show me the first piece of God's abundant love for me. There just aren't any words to describe how all of this makes me feel. Brings me to my knees. Tears to my eyes. Surrounded by God's grace.
AWESOME.

Next week's verse:
{Week 6} 1 Peter 4:8
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

Good way to get us into Valentine's week!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love these verses!! Did you go to work today? I wasn't able to get out of Duncanville. Kelly wrecked going down her street and went back home. I don't think Jerry went in either. It's CRAZY!

    :)
    Rach

    ReplyDelete