2.10.2011

Its A...

On Monday, I went to a different doctor to do some of the regular tests (my doctor recommended him because the chance of a false positive is lower with him).  She told us beforehand that he will probably be able to tell the gender, so if we didn't want to know, we needed to let him know that. Well, WE WANTED TO KNOW!
So, Monday morning, Matt wakes up with the chills and a fever. Since there was a small window of time I could have the test done, I decided to go, but went with a plan.
The doctor came in and did the ultrasound. It was amazing. I could see full grown legs kicking! He said everything is measuring great and that it looks like we have a healthy baby!
Well, when he finished,
I said, "Can you tell the gender?"
He said, "I can make a guess."
I said, "Oh, ok. Well, how sure are you?" (Fully expecting him to say 50%:))
He said, "About 95%."

WHAT?! That's no guess! That's for sure!

So, I asked him if he would write it and put it in an envelope so Matt and I could look together. He looked at me like I was insane, but I think that's just his personality.
When I got home, I woke Matt up, we opened the envelope and low and behold!


We both looked at each other and started laughing! I think this all became a lot more real in that moment!
Here is a picture of the ultrasound:



So, hopefully this doc was right! Ha! I go to my doctor in a few weeks, so if she confirms it's a girl, I think I'll feel a lot more confident. But I would say 95% is pretty sure. :)
Now we're in the process of naming her. Hmmm...That is another post for another time because we may not come to a conclusion for a bit :) Once we decide, I'll let you all know!

Have any of you found out the gender at 12.5 weeks? If so, was the doctor right??

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Gees!!!! You are so lucky! Other pregnant women everywhere are going to be jealous that you already know the gender! I have never heard of anyone knowing that early! LOL- congrats! Girls are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is awesome...So happy for you two :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! I've never heard of finding out that early, so that is really neat! A friend of mine tried to find out at 13 weeks but it turned out to be wrong so I think they found out at 15 weeks. Which is still early to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 95% sounds pretty accurate to me!
    Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I think we found out right at 13 weeks, and we had a "hamburger" shot (that's what the nurse called her stuff). There was no denying that the baby was a girl. Time to start making headbands and skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so exciting! I'm so happy for y'all!! Expect "Aunt Rachel" to get her a little Rangers outfit!!

    :)
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lindsay. . .it is me Brittany, your long lost college friend. Bet you didn't know I was blog stalking you. It has gotten me through many milk pumping sessions, so thank you!

    Congrats. . . I am sooooooooo excited for you. I feel sad we lost touch! Happy Pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LINDSAY!!!! oh my gosh i am SO happy for yall. I told Ben the day after I found out about you that I thought you guys would have a GIRL!!!!! I knew it! :) Thanks for the tip about this post cuz I've been wondering about you!!!! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such exciting news!! That is awesome that you were able to find out so early! You are going to love have a daughter!!

    ReplyDelete