2.17.2011

Pregnancy Highlights : Week 14

Due Date: 
August 17, 2011

Size of baby: 
This little GIRL is the size of a Lemon. About 4 inches.
Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Her body's growing faster than her head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, her arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of her body. (Her legs still have some lengthening to do.) She's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over her body. Though you can't feel her tiny punches and kicks yet, your little pugilist's hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are more flexible and active.

Maternity Clothes: 
I'm wearing a ponytail holder around my wrist just in case I need to lengthen the waist of my pants, but I haven't needed it yet - if you don't count that night I ate too much.
  
Gender: 
Girl!

Cravings:  
Still none, but I am getting a bigger appetite.
  
Symptoms: 
Ok, these have begun a little bit more. This week, I've noticed shortness of breath. I figured that wouldn't happen until I was in my third trimester and waddling around, but it started. It's not constant, but it will hit at weird times. I could just be sitting and I guess if I'm not sitting up straight, it will affect me more. I noticed the other day when I was washing my hair I was taking huge breaths. I was washing like normal, it was just harder to breath!
I've also had some dizziness. Nothing terrible, but enough to make me try and shake myself out of it.

Best Moment(s) this week:
Oddly enough, actually having symptoms is great! It makes it more real knowing that my body is being affected.


Thoughts:
I feel like 14 weeks is so early in the process, but in another month-ish, I'll be half way! That blows my mind. We haven't decided on a name, that might take awhile. Some will come up and we'll love them, but then a few days later, we won't. Something will come to us both, I'm just hoping it happens before the hospital:) If it doesn't, that's ok too. We have a lot to think about and decide over the next few months. We need to move, we need to....well, that's actually the biggest thing! Everything else will come - nursery and all that. It's hard to have a nursery when you don't have a place to live! Our little apartment now won't do for that long after the baby is born. Decisions, decisions....that's going to be the new story of our lives, huh? :)
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. he pregnancy updates might be the highlight of my week! :) Okay, but in my mind a lemon is smaller than a peach?! Did she shrink?! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're still so yittle :) Loving the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pregnancy updates are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading pregnancy updates! So fun! Good luck on choosing a name! Dylan and I have our names picked out already and I'm certain they won't change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Yay for being done with that yucky first trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Can't wait to hear the name :)

    ReplyDelete