2.23.2011

Pregnancy Highlights : Week 15

Due Date: 
August 17, 2011

Size of baby: 
This little GIRL is the size of a Apple. About 4 inches.
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")

Maternity Clothes: 
Pants are getting tighter!
  
Gender: 
Girl! Although at my next appointment, which is one week from today, I have a feeling we're going to see something that makes this "girl" a boy. We'll see. :)

Cravings:  
Eating much more.
  
Symptoms: 
Same. Still some shortness of breath, I've notice my gums are much more sensitive and I'm really stuffed up. Look what I read about that:  
This condition is so common, there's even a name for it: "rhinitis of pregnancy."Higher estrogen levels during pregnancy can contribute to swelling in the mucous membranes lining the nose and may even cause you to make more mucus. At the same time, your blood volume is increasing and blood vessels expanding, which can also lead to swollen nasal membranes. So it's no surprise that many women sniffle their way through pregnancy. "Pregnancy is a snotty time,"

Best Moment(s) this week:
Seeing my stomach get a little bigger!


Thoughts:
I started a maternity book this week! I'm excited about it! I got my inspiration from THIS.
How cool is that thing!? Mine doesn't look exactly like that, but it's the same idea. I'll share it in August - Oh so far away!
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Friend, you're so little! P.S. where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute! That is a pretty neat Maternity Book can't wait to see in August. Believe me the time will fly by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! You have a feeling you're not having a girl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I found your blog while googling for week 14 pregnancy. Love your blog and how you write it! I am a follower now. I am at 14 weeks right now, mine is still a lemon I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how consistent your pictures are. I kept trying for variety with mine...but the consistency is fun and it will be cute to line them all up in the end :)

    ReplyDelete