3.14.2011

2011 Verse of the Week :: 11


 Genesis 1:1

Talk about going back to the basics, huh!?
I think this verse is important for many reasons. 
One being the fact that our God is so incredible, He created all of this. He created the earth. I mean, what does that even mean?! 

The key word in this for me is "created". 

The definition of created is:
to bring into existence.

Think about stuff we do: we make things, which seems like creating, but is VERY different. Definition of made:
artificially produced

WOW right? We don't create anything. We only make things out of materials/elements...etc. that God has provided.

Some verses that came to mind when writing this out were some from Job 38...
(Thank you to my mom for telling me where these verses were!)

4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
   Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
   Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
   or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together
   and all the angels shouted for joy?

This goes on and on. He's done some amazing things, right? I think these verses help me put our verse into perspective more. I mean, none of us will understand in this lifetime what this really means, but we can be amazed by reading some of these verses.

Link up with your verses!
 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment