3.26.2011

2011 Verse of the Week :: RECAP

Salvation is a gift from God, presented free and not in exchange for anything when we place our faith in Christ. It therefore magnifies God alone, since He blesses us not because of our merit but because of His goodness.....
Charles F Stanley - Life Principles Bible!



This weeks verse is a favorite of mine. I like the not-so-subtle reminder it gives. We are not saved becasue of something WE have done. Salvation is a GIFT.


I love this verse. I tried to take a photo that captured some of the gifts that God gives us and eventually settled on this one that shows the sunset reflecting on the river.


This week, we made a music video with our Verse of the Week.  The quality is pretty poor, but by the chorus (0:24) you can tell that the girls really know this verse!  This is the song "Saved" by the Go Fish Guys, one of my girls' favorite bands!  
 You have to check out



The verse is a reminder (among many that God and Jesus) given to us throughout the bible that we cannot pave our way to salvation, to eternity in heaven, without the gift that God gave us; Jesus. There is no way for us to earn a way into heaven except for having faith that Jesus Christ is our savior.
I’ve been feeling the need (okay call from Him) to write my testament out. I will post it on my blog once I have it written, as I have never written or told my story before. I hope you’ll visit again to read that, and if you have any questions you would like me to answer during that post, let me know in the comments below. Thank you.





{Week 13} Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
 

 Don't forget to check out the giveaway!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment