3.03.2011

Pregnancy Highlights : Week 16

Due Date: 
August 17, 2011

Size of baby: 
This little GIRL...or Guy? is the size of an Avocado. About 4.5-5  inches.
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

Maternity Clothes: 
Pants are getting tighter again this week. I don't button them anymore :) Skirts and dresses are best at this point, but it's weird because I'm at the in between stage of Big Lunch? or Baby? :)
  
Gender: 
Well, we were told that it's a girl and hoping to get confirmation at our doctor's appointment, but... read on...

Cravings:  
Eating more. I have been loving fruit bars every night. That's my nightly dessert. This week, I bought BlueBell fruit bars. Good, but I think Edy's were better.
  
Symptoms: 
Shortness of breath, stuffed up, kind of the same old same old.

Best Moment(s) this week:
The ultrasound. Well, here's the deal: We went in hoping to get confirmation that our little one is a girl, but she/he had her butt on my hip so my doctor couldn't tell! She had me move from side to side, cough, but all she/he would do is move her/his arms! So, we'll have to wait a few more weeks. I'm going to eat a candy bar before I go in next time! Look at the ultrasound pic: all spine! Her/His back was to us, so it was hard to see anything. The good thing is, she/he's healthy and gaining weight! A good strong 5 oz. :) It was really neat to see her brain during the ultrasound! We had a great view of the top of her head at one point. Here's how I see this image: Head on the left followed by the spine and then the white line is the femur. (Thanks Tammy:))


Thoughts:
It's ok we don't know yet. There's nothing we could be doing if we knew for sure the gender. We are in an apartment that we will be moving out of, so I couldn't start on the nursery or anything. SO, it's all good :) I can't believe I'm 4 months along! How does this happen??
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. That's how my son was, we couldn't get a good picture until I was about 7 months. :)
    Drink some orange juice, that'll get the little one moving... Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so tiny! :) Ha, already being uncooperative. Hopefully you'll find out at your next appt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's still a girl in my head!! ;)

    ReplyDelete