3.24.2011

Pregnancy Highlights : Week 19

Due Date: 
August 17, 2011

Size of baby: 
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. (I could not find a tomato big enough, so my next option was this candle:) I'm pretty sure the size is way off.) Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

Maternity Clothes: 
Well, first off, thanks to Lindsey for introducing me to Belly Bands! I bought one last week and it works great! So, now, I'm going back and forth from that to my maternity pants!! I decided to try them to see if they would fit and they did! I'll be able to wear these for a long time, I think. And....um.....they are super comfy! I love them so much. Do I have to wear real pants once I'm not pregnant anymore?! :)
Thank you to Pete and Cheryl for these great maternity clothes!! I really appreciate it! 

Gender: 
Girl... waiting for confirmation from doctor. Next appt: March 30. Only a few days!!

Cravings:  
Nothing really this week.
  
Symptoms: 
My usual symptoms have slowed down a LOT! Now, I just feel tired, but that very well could be from allergies. We'll see!

Best Moment(s) this week:
I FELT THE BABY KICK!!!
That was definitely an awesome moment! I was sitting on the couch reading and I thought I felt something in my stomach. I put my hand there and sat a few minutes and sure enough! Little punches:) It felt like a poke. No flutters or bubbles, this was a poke. I've felt her so much since then and I love it! Matt has yet to feel, but his time will come. Once I tell him to feel, she stops. Little booger :)

Thoughts:
I just love the reassurance that kicking brings. I haven't really been worrying at all about my pregnancy, but after I feel the kicking, it just makes me so happy! I was honestly on cloud nine that first day. NOTHING could ruin my day :) I can't wait till the movements become even bigger and when we can SEE them. Ho awesome! God is AMAZING! I love talking to moms at work about it. They all get a glow when they talk about their pregnancies. Such an incredible thing and a truly amazing experience.


Anything? 
(besides the fact that the now my bell pepper seems smaller than my candle! haha! 
The candle is wider than it looks. 
And I know, I know... short sleeves. Did you ever think I'd do it?! 
I did, in fact, run out of long sleeve shirts. 
Until I start into more of my maternity shirts. :)
 
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I was trying to figure out what on earth you were holding. Your bump is getting so big! I'm glad you're so excited by the kicking. It can be quite entertaining, and helps you fall in love with that bump even more. My first few kind of creeped me out, because I kept thinking the bump was still a tadpole like creature. I got over that quickly though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure feeling the baby kick is such an awesome feeling!

    You look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I can see that you are growing...Baby kicks are so awesome! It is really cool when you can see it move your belly! I can't wait for Matt to feel her! His expression will be priceless :)
    I am so glad the pregnancy is going good for you, no sicknesses....No cravings are a good thing to :) Take care my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting! You may like the pants now, but by the time you have your little one and get rid of the baby weight you'll be sooo sick of them! I went out and bought cheap-o jeans to wear because I was just so sick of maternity! haha! That's pants only though... I still wear my maternity tanks and undershirts... so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! That's so exciting you felt baby kick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you like the belly band!! It is incredible how much those things stretch! That is awesome that you felt her move, makes it all seem very real! Well, that and the growing belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love following your pregnancy...so cute. Congrats on the kick!

    ReplyDelete