3.31.2011

Pregnancy Highlights : Week 20

Due Date: 
August 17, 2011

Size of baby: 
our baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heelthe length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

Maternity Clothes: 
Yes! I've been wearing maternity pants quite a bit! I can't wear my normal pants anymore without the BellaBand. Or BellyBand. Whatever it's called. I love that thing.


Gender:
It's confirmed - A GIRL!!

Cravings:  
Nada. 
  
Symptoms: 
Shortness of breath is kind of back, but not enough to really talk about. Heartburn and acid reflux. I think I'm having those! I never have before so I'm not really sure what they feel like. :)
I feel like I have gas pains in my chest and a weird acidy-type stuff in my throat at times. Anyone?

Best Moment(s) this week:
Well, finding out that our baby is 100% girl! Now we can really start planning!- and picking out a name:)


Thoughts:
Sweet Tammy gave me this card right when I walked into the office today! Thanks Tammy!!
She did that quick, huh?! Brilliant.
So, I'm half way! How did 20 weeks go by? I can't wait to start planning and preparing and - doing everything! 
Matt and I started registering the other night! He did good :) As long as he has the scanner - he's a happy guy. 

Can you tell I focused on my posture last week and forgot to this week? Sick!
Those ballerina days are not sticking with me very much.
Shoulders back! Chest up! Butt IN! Point your toes!!
 
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

    Gas pains in the chest usually = heart burn.
    Burning stomach juices in the throat usually = acid reflux.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your baby belly! And that's also about the confirmation of baby being a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Yay for confirmation, now you can definately start getting things ready. So Daddy with the scanner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've awarded you with a Lovely Blogger Award over at Mom. Nonstop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Lindsay! Excited for you guys and can't wait to see you again. Maybe May 29th?? :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete