4.20.2011

Holy Week Prayer

I wish I would have started sharing these with you 40 days ago! I've been doing a Lenten Bible Study for the past few weeks to gear up for Easter. It's been all about prayer and has been wonderful. One of the great things that came from it was the Prayer Outline I shared a few weeks ago. It's fabulous. (I have a link to this in the sidebar on my blog, also.)
Anyway, our leader sends us these prayers everyday and I thought, since it's Holy Week, I'd share these final prayers with you. I read these through 2 or 3 times before I finally feel like I've understood the real message. She gives a scripture first, and then prays though it. They're wonderful.
He was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God's paths to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on Him the sins of us all.  Isaiah 53: 5, 6

Father,
We come to You with tears of sorrow that our sins have cost You so much. Imprint the image of Your bleeding self on our hearts. May we understand that you willingly laid down your life so that we could be healed; physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Help us to experience all of Your life that You desire for us - Your loveliness, grace, cleansing, power, and most of all, Your presence. Comfort those who are brokenhearted today and bind up their wounds. Send Your healing touch like a mighty wave upon those in need of physical healing. Envelop us today with Your divine love. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.

Elizabeth Robinson
40 Days of Prayer

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. That is really neat! I've never heard of doing this, but it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete