4.13.2011

Pregnancy Highlights : Week 22


Due Date: 
August 17, 2011

Size of baby: 
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash or a papaya) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

Maternity Clothes: 
Yup. Today, I wore my regular pants with the belly band and at one point in the afternoon, my co-worker Noreen came up behind me and said, what's this? And pulled on the belly band. It was hanging out from under my tank top! AND it was inside out so you could read Belly Band on it! It was only like that for a bit, so I'm not too worried about it, but still!


Gender:
It's confirmed - A GIRL!!

Cravings:  
Nada. 
  
Symptoms: 
Shortness of breath again. Sleep isn't as easy anymore.

Best Moment(s) this week:
I've felt a lot of movement this week. I think she might be moving things inside me! Ha! Can you believe how big that papaya is? I think it's crazy that something that big is inside me. Really weird to think about....but even weirder to think she's going to be bigger!!!!!!

Last week vs. this week! 
I loved Duke in this :)
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. You are too cute! Every week, I keep thinking "Oh, there's the belly" and every week it keeps getting bigger! :) I am so happy for you and your little family! I love the dog picture- that would totally be our pup...always nosing around! It stinks that you're not sleeping well. I've heard those really big body pillows work wonders...? Just a thought! Best wishes- Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. No mistaking you are pregnant now :) ...you look SO GREAT!! Are YOU gonna share name ideas or make everyone wait for the surprise??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your belly is getting ROUND! Love it. Too stinkin' cute, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby girl is growing! I was just going to say that I can't believe she's as big as that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the baby bump (and the pup checking out the bump)!! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lindsay! I ran into Matt at Chipotle a few weeks ago and he told me you were pregnant. I found your blog and have enjoyed keeping up with it. You are adorable pregnant! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! She is growing! :) I can't imagine how crazy it is to think that something that big is inside of you and moving around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsay, I love your little thoughts!! I am a little slow, I just found them today and your darling picture with baby girl and papaya and puppy. So happy for my great granddaughter to be being known and loved so specially. Love You three. Grandma Jane

    ReplyDelete