5.11.2011

BBS Chapter 14 Discussion

Sneaky Momma Blog Design
 
What meant the most to you from this chapter or offered you the greatest challenge or inspired you deeply?
The fact that I am on assignment from God to watch over my family. That is both inspiring and challenging to me, but more inspiring.
 
Watching and Working--Let's focus on "watching" first. How was "watching" (from Proverbs 31:27) defined and described? 
Active guarding, protecting, saving and attending to something.

What does Psalm 23:3 say about God's watchcare over your "ways" and "paths" or "tracks"?
He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Would you say that you are "watching" well over your loved ones and are aware of their "ways"? Why or why not?
Yes and no. Yes because I think there are certain things I do that would include being observant and attending but then NO, because I know I"m a long way from where I'd like to be with "watching".  I'm more of a "glancer" right now and I want to be a true "watcher".

Are there any "ways" developing that you are not pleased with, that don't seem to honor God's standards?  What can and will you do about them?
  
Procrastination
Laziness
Poor time management

Watching and Working--Let's look at "working"-Not working outside the home, but inside!
Proverbs 10:4
:: Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth.
Proverbs 12:11 :: He who works his land will have abundant food, but he who chases fantasies lacks judgment.
Proverbs 14:23 :: All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.
Proverbs 18:9 ::
One who is slack in his work is brother to one who destroys.
Proverbs 20:13 ::
Do not love sleep or you will grow poor; stay awake and you will have food to spare.
Proverbs 28:19 ::
He who works his land will have abundant food, but the one who chases fantasies will have his fill of poverty.
Proverbs 31:13 ::
She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.
Proverbs 31:27 ::
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Now look at the picture God paints for us in Proverbs 24:30-34. What is His message? 
I think he's saying, it doesn't take much to let everything go. Being lazy is a snowball effect that has terrible consequences!

Ecclesiastes 9:10 ::
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

Yes, But How?-- To work out your watching and working, write out Proverbs 14:1 :: The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish pulls it down with her hands.
 
Let's look at some ways to follow through on God's design for us as home-builders who watch over the place and people at home and do the work that brings God's plan to life. "
-Step 1: Understand that this role as helper and guard is God's plan for you.  This is a good place to consider the word virtuous (Proverbs 31:10).  What were the components of its definition as stated on page 169?
moral strength, strength of character

How does God's calling to be a "virtuous" woman help you to understand and embrace your God-given role as a helper to those in your home and a guard over your home?
Key words in this question are God-given role. That is the answer right there. That is what helps me understand and embrace this role. Because it's God-given and because I'm on assignment.

-Step 2: Begin watching over your home.  Do you need to spend some time in prayer about this vital step?  Do you need to ask God to help you take this step?
Yes. Definitely. Both! I need prayer time with this and God's help. This is not an easy thing to just DO. It will be a challenge, but one I'm ready to take.

Step 3: Eliminate idlenss.  I know we've spent a lot of time on the first half of Proverbs 31:27, but write out the second part again.
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Can you think of three real ways you can eliminate idleness today...and in the week (and weeks!) to come?
 
1. Stop watching so much TV (I've deleted two shows from my DVR because they are pointless to watch. I now have TWO whole hours back on Thursday nights. That's only a start though.)
2. Wake up earlier.
3. PRAY!
 
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Hope you manage to work on your home this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! I think we all have problems in the time management area. There are just not enough hours in the day! :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I need to work on my time management! Some days I'm great at it, but other's I have no idea where the time goes.

    ReplyDelete