5.19.2011

Pregnancy Highlights : Week 27

Due Date: 
August 17, 2011

Size of baby: 
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.


Gender:
It's confirmed - A GIRL!!

Cravings:  
Nada.
  
Symptoms: 
Still have back pain on occasion. My doctor said to walk! I can do that.

Thoughts:
Things are getting a little bit harder to do. I leaned forward yesterday and something was in my way - now I know it was her head! It's getting harder to get up from sitting on the floor...which I don't do often, just occasionally when we're watching tv.
AND, I believe I've begun my third trimester! All sites say something different so I'm going with Week 27. Yay!

Best Moment(s) this week:
My latest ultrasound! This is what I saw:
 
 
What you are looking at is her head...which is up by my ribs...which means it's not where it should be! She's breach! I really don't think she'll stay there. My doctor said, it's best to get her in the right position by 32 weeks, so that's what I'm aiming for. She told me to stretch in the downward dog position for 30 minutes a day - 15 minute increments. 
 
 
These are the following problems I forsee:
1. The last time I stretched was... I don't even know.
2. Blood rushes to the head fast.
3. It's a little awkward when you're prego!
 
So, I'll be doing that a lot - or as much as I can stand it. Currently, she's in a pike position.
 



 More like the the baby on the right. Her feet, hands and head are all in the same spot.

Anyway, like I said, I think I can get her to move because she's very active, so if I'm hanging her upside down, I think it'll confuse her and get her to flip.

She's 2lbs 8 oz. right now with a big umbilical cord! Growing like a weed!


Before and After
These pictures do not seem very accurate - it is SO much bigger than it looks here!
Let's play a game - do you notice anything different between these two pictures...
besides the bump?
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Wowza! She is growing right along, darn her for being breach but I am sure you can get her to move around :)

    Let's see it looks like you might have trimmed your hair a few inches? Bracelets on and a maternity shirt on the right ?

    I love these updates, Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute!! I love the updates and your creativity! I notice in your new picture you have some cute bracelets on and it looks like you got your hair cut with more layers!
    Love you guys and can't wait to see you sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guesses for your game... What is different??
    (my answers are being shouted at rapid fire speed! - think Monica and Rachel on 'friends')
    Hair!
    Bracelets!
    Bare arm!
    Really white blinds!
    WAIT! Printed shirt! This is the first time you've worn a printed shirt!!
    Transponster! heheh

    ...did I get it??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots different...but I think the haircut is what you are going for??

    ReplyDelete