6.04.2011

Pregnancy Highlights :: Week 29


Due Date: 
August 17, 2011

Size of baby: 
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.


Gender:
It's confirmed - A GIRL!!

Cravings:  
FOOD! And lots of it.
  
Symptoms: 
The hormones have calmed a bit, but I still find myself getting overwhelmed easier. Had my first leg cramp! Let's just say, when Matt has them from now on, I won't be as quick to think "suck it up" :) DANG that hurts! My doctor said I was the third patient to complain of them the morning I saw her and it was only 9am. She said it was the heat! Great. She said drink plenty of water and get plenty of calcium. You can bet I'll have my water bottle with me along with a gallon of milk all the time. I'll do anything to prevent having another one of those!

Thoughts:
Gosh, so close to 30 weeks. Hard to believe this!! Had another appointment this week and although I think she had turned at one point, she's back to being breach. Her position is a bit different from 2 weeks ago, but still breach. I can feel where her head is and now I know where her feet are. I was never sure if the kicking was actual kicking or punching. Her head is on the left, close to my belly button, then her body swings down and around, so I feel kicking on the upper right side of my stomach. And her bum, of course, is down. Stinker. :)

Before and After

Poor guy just wants some attention :)
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. You are getting so close, I can't believe you're almost at 30 weeks!! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAAY!! Miss you and love you - keep her baking pretty mama!

    ReplyDelete