1.16.2012

Payton's Nursery!

Yes. Payton will be 6 months in 2 weeks and this is the first time I'm sharing her nursery.  Finally finished!! Now, bare with me. This will include a tutorial!
When I went to Nebraska for my baby shower, my mom and I went fabric shopping! I had a vision... but it was hard to find what I wanted. We went a few places and we put together some great options, but nothing was just jaw dropping. 


We decided to go one last place - after stopping at Runza for lunch, of course :), and as we were about to leave and give up, I saw it. THE perfect fabric. I saw white with pops of every color in the rainbow. Jackpot!
We took all the different fabrics and spread them out on the floor. We looked at each other with stars in our eyes. THIS. IS. IT. Alleluia! 

 

We then took it to a table so we could figure out which fabrics we would use for each piece and began cutting. After a long time at that store, we left and my mom got right to cutting!



Well, the next day, on the front of two newspapers, there were full-page stories on crib safety.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2011-04-22-crib-bumper-safety_n.htm 
http://journalstar.com/lifestyles/family/article_d6fbfd3d-3c9d-5be6-a421-c0de8219fb6e.html

I'll break it down for you: the safest way to put a baby to sleep is if they are the only thing in the crib along with the mattress. No pillows, no quilts, no stuffed animals, no bumpers. Dangit! Mom already started cutting those out! We decided those articles were two big red flags so we did NOT go with the bumpers. Plan B. You'll see what she came up with!

 Next step: LETTERS!
The letters are from Hobby Lobby.


Step 1 
Lay out all of your fabric in the order you want them. 
This can take awhile if you're indecisive :)

Step 2
Iron, Iron, Iron!

Step 3
Cut pieces out of your contact paper so it will fit on your letter.

Step 4
Take the contact paper off...

Step 4
...and lay it on the backside of your fabric.

Step 5
  
Mod Podge time! Cover the contact paper that's on the back of the fabric.

Step 6
 
Let them dry and then cut them out! 
Here's the progress - PRE BABY.

OK. Almost to the nursery :)

I had lots of helpers on this thing!


 Thank you, Regan, for all of your help!!

 My parents painted the room. 
The two colors with the border in between was Matt's idea. 
 Way to go!

 The crib got put together!


Oh my! She was so tiny! 

AND NOW! The finished nursery!!



 






Thank you to Pete and Cheryl for all of your help putting up the letters! 

Thank you Mom and Dad for your help with painting and MOM for making all of the bedding!
Thank you Regan for all of your help with the letters and everything else!

Thank you to Tammy and Kaci for their help on the decorations! 
Half of this stuff came from my amazing work shower! You ladies are awesome!


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I love all of the color! :o) Missed you blogging but I am sure you are busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo pretty! I'm really liking the thing hanging from the crib that holds stuff- that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I envy your creativity and your helpers. Loved it all and your baby is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh you did such a great job! It's a fantastic room!

    ReplyDelete