5.31.2012

31 Days of Praying for your Husband

Who wants to join me on a 31-day journey of praying for our hubbies? A few weeks ago, I started the book The Power of a Praying Wife and it changed me. I love the book so much and it made me realize the importance of praying for our husbands. Since that is a true book, I decided it's probably not the best idea to copy and paste the prayers on my blog, but I highly recommend the book. I have decided I'm going to read it over and over again. I finished the last chapter last night, so tonight, I'll start fresh with Chapter 1. It truly is life-changing. I think you'll all love it as much as I have. Here's a link to buy through amazon. This shows several different books you can get - paperback vs. hardcover vs. deluxe version vs. study guide…etc. You decide. You won't regret this purchase.  

For blog purposes, I went to Nancy Leigh Demoss. My mom introduced her to me a few years ago when she gave me her Habakkuk series on cd. I listened to it in my car during my commute each day and fell in love with it. I found that her website is full of amazing resources and one of those is a 31-day exercise of praying for your husband. They're quick and based in scripture. Perfect, right? 

Who wants to join me? I'll post a prayer each week day since weekends can get hard to check blogs. Although we won't technically have a prayer for 31 days straight, I'll leave Saturdays and Sundays up to you to pray for your husband. I'm sure there are certain ones you could go back to or you can start coming up with some of your own. 

I think you'll enjoy these as much as I have. My vision… at the end of this journey, print them out, laminate them however you'd like, then punch a hole in the top. You can tie a string around them, put a ring holder in them…whatever you'd like. This way, at the end, you can have them all in one place and carry them with you! 31 Days of Praying for your Husband can turn into Praying for Your Husband on the Go!

Who's with me? Invite your friends and let's see where we're at come 31 days! (Technically, it will be about 44 days-give or take a few. I wasn't a math major!) Comment below if you're going to join in. If you'd like to get personal, tell us something you'd like to see happen at the end of this. Then, in July, we can meet back here and write about the things God changed.

START DATE: Monday, JUNE 4!



 


Photobucket
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay, I'm in. I love the Power of a Praying Wife. I have a friend that gives them out and she gave me one years ago when my marriage was very rocky. I'm happy to report that my husband is now a man after God's own heart so I know that by praying for him God changed him in a way that I could never take credit for. I recently bought a copy for a friend. Not sure if she ever read it but she has it and I hope God will guide her to it when she's ready. So yes, I love your idea and I'm game. I thank God for planting that seed in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog thru..well I don't even remember. I hopped three times to get here...I read this book too and loved it! What great accountability. Hope it's not too late to join!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to join this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete