6.04.2012

Praying for Your Husband : Day 1

Welcome to DAY 1 of 31 Days of Praying for Your Husband! I'm so glad you've decided to take this journey with me. I started reading The Power of a Praying Wife again and there is one line that has stood out to me both times I've read it... "Praying for your husband is an act of love." Wow, that's pretty powerful and so true. We've all seen the books about prayer and how powerful it is, but to think of it as LOVE brings a whole new meaning ... At least for me. 

The Lord tells us to pray for a reason. It's our way of being able to communicate with Him. Just stop and think about that for a minute. God, THE Almighty, Emmanuel, Messiah, Prince of Peace, Redeemer, Savior, Wonderful Counselor, Father has given US, you and me, a way to talk to Him! That is amazing! If you're anything like me, I sometimes don't find the time and it's days like today I find myself feeling so sorry for the days I've missed. Those are days I've missed talking to my God. That's huge. 

There are so many verses about prayer in the bible. It's so easy to just skim past them because we've heard them so many times. Read these with me and really focus on what they're saying. 

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, 
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 4:4-7

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for 
each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a 
righteous person is powerful and effective. 
James 5:16

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; 
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


So, let's do it! Let's start today by praying for the man in our lives that we are told to submit to just as we do to the Lord. (Ephesians 5:22)




Let's see how God changes OUR hearts and makes us closer to Him and our hubbies :)
Click HERE for Intro.

Photobucket Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Lindsay you have NO idea how much I needed this today! I am definately on board with you and am looking forward to it! Thank you! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Me too! Thank you Lindsay for doin gthis and for xeroxing copies of the book for me! In your very special way you have ministered to me and now I know someone at work who is walking the walk in faith. Yay! One thing that I read in the beginning of this book was to ask God to "change me." So that has been a challenge for me, but I think a crucial step in praying for our hubbies...to remember that we need to pray for our hearts to understand our husbands and to just STOP sometimes and pray. Very hard indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i started rereading the book as well. it is SO hard to shift focus when all i want to do is point out where someone else needs to change; but i often fail to look within myself and ask God to search me and know me..to change me and my attitude so that me, the wife, is a the helper and the blessing that He created me to be!

    ReplyDelete