6.05.2012

Praying for Your Husband : Day 2

How did day 1 go? I was emailing a dear blogger friend, Monica, and realized - I've posted this and talked to people about it, but I haven't prayed! Just going through those motions doesn't mean diddly squat if I'm not truly praying. I hope you were all able to find time to pray yesterday, or today, our first prayer about our hubbies growing spiritually. Remember, we are called to pray (Philippians 4:4-7, James 5:16, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18) and to pray continuously, so if you feel led to pray all day, do it.


In my Jesus Calling devotional (another fabulous book) Sarah Young talks about idols. "'I will have no other gods before me!' (Exodus 20:3) Make me the deepest desire of your heart. Let me fulfill your yearning for perfection." 


Remember, that we want God to be our focus and that we need to have pure hearts during prayer. I like the way The Message words Psalm 66:18: "If I had been cozy with evil, the Lord would never have listened." New Century Version says: If I had known of any sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened to me.  

If you and I don't have Him at the center AND clear hearts and minds, this prayer thing is going to be tough. Today, let's confess some of our own sins before we pray for our hubbies. Dig deep, you know what to pray about ;)





Photobucket Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I prayed before I got out of bed this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. for sure its like the first chapter of the book says, before we can pray for anything else, we must pray for our hearts and our minds! thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete