2.13.2013

Lent

Hi Dear Friends!
Lent has begun! 

Lent is the span of time in the church calendar that starts with Ash Wednesday and ends with Easter Sunday. Ash Wednesday commemorates the beginning of Jesus’ 40-day fasting and temptation in the desert, and Easter Sunday commemorates Jesus’ resurrection from the grave after his crucifixion.
Lent, then, is generally observed as a time for Christians to reflect, repent, and pray as a way of preparing their hearts for Easter. It is commonly observed by many Christian denominations—Catholic, Anglican, Lutheran, and others—although not every Christian church or denomination does so. Because Lent is not officially instituted in Scripture, observing it isn’t in any way a “requirement” of Christianity. However, Christians from many different theological persuasions choose to observe it as a way of focusing their thoughts on Jesus Christ during the Easter season.
Christmas is SUCH a big deal in the world right now, as it should be, but I think the meaning of it has sadly disappeared. The same goes with Easter. Easter is SO important. 
"But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners."
BIG DEAL

I'm going to start a YouVersion reading plan called 40 Days of Lent. There are 4 different Lenten studies and I hope you'll all join me! Let's prepare for this special time of year together and see if we can't learn more about God and what He has done for us. Come Easter, I bet we all have a better appreciation for God. 



This is an app you can download on your phone or you can do it online.

Photobucket Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I every time spent my half an hour to read this weblog's articles or reviews daily along with a cup of coffee.

    Also visit my blog post - paleo diät lebensmittelliste
    Also see my web page - paleo diät snack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew
    of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter
    updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Here is my site - shake zum abnehmen

    ReplyDelete