8.26.2013

Oceans

This song. 


 
Wow.
A woman from my Good Morning Girls study shared it with us. The lyrics to this song are just beautiful. This song. It's my prayer. Don't our feet fail everyday? We try. We ask for help. We ask for courage, patience, peace, faith, you name it and He gives us opportunities to use these gifts/fruits, but we fail. It becomes discouraging. BUT, we have hope. 

"For this reason I am happy when I have weaknesses, insults, hard times, sufferings, and all kinds of troubles for Christ. Because when I am weak, then I am truly strong."
2 Corinthians 12:10
 
Your grace abounds in deepset waters
-OCEANS

abound
verb
1. exist in large numbers or amounts.
synonyms: be plentiful, be abundant, be numerous
 
Lord, thank you for this. 
Thank you for strengthening us in hard times. 
When we're in the deepest of waters, but wow, it's hard, isn't it? 
 
Are you going through a hardship right now? 
Does it seem impossible to be thankful for this time? 
Do you see Jesus? 
 
 
I love the bridge of the song:
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

These words are so beautiful. This is the part I pray over. I don't want my faith in God to have borders. I want to trust Him in anything. No matter what. If that means walking on rough waters, taking me into deep waters, somewhere I would never go on my own, so be it. My faith will be stronger for it. And Jesus will be at my side.

What can you trust Him with today? 
Let's trust Him together, pray together and be in His Word together. 
That's where we'll find our answers. 
Our hope. 
 

OCEANS {Where Feet May Fail}
by: Hillsong UNITED

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name

And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters

Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name

And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders

Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior
[x6]


I will call upon Your Name

Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine



Photobucket
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Our praise team sang this song Sunday at Hope and I made a note of the title so I could look up the lyrics, because they are so powerful. And you post them for me..
    Coincidence?
    Hhhmmmm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry - this is what happens when you stop blogging - I didn't realize you had posted this! What neat timing :) Still love this song as much as I did when I posted this. How neat that your church sings it. What an awesome song to sing with everyone!

      Delete
  2. beautiful! Thanks for sharing this. I need it today especially! Love you Lindsay!! So thankful to have you in our family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, you are so sweet! I'm so glad to be in the family! Can't wait to see you all this weekend!

      Delete